CLAT 2011 IMPORTANT DATES
The important dates for CLAT-2011:
1. Publication of advertisement in leading English/Hindi national daily Newspapers
a. 1st week of January, 2011 – CLAT Brochure shall be available from 11th January 2011 from different branches of Post Offices (for detail see brochure distribution centres)
b. Last week of February, 2011
2. Issue of application forms from all CLAT-2011 members universities and specified branches of State Bank of India From 11th January , 2011
3. Last date for submission of filled-in entrance examination application forms 02nd April, 2011 (Friday)
4. Issue of Hall Tickets to the candidates from – 12 April, 2011 (Tuesday)
5. Date of admission test for UG/PG 15th May, 2011 (Sunday) From 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon.
6. Publication of CLAT 2011 result – 28 May 2011 (Saturday)
7. Last date of acceptance and confirmation of interest in admission by depositing money in Bank BI specified branchesTo be notified later
8. Completion of admission process – 28 June, 2011 (Tuesday)
9. Commencement of classes 1st July 2011
a. For the under-graduate (LL.B) programme – To be eligible to appear for CLAT-2011, a candidate should have passed his/her Higher Secondary School/Intermediate Examination (10+2) or its equivalent examination with not less than 50% marks in aggregate (45% in case of SC/ST/OBC and persons with Disability)*. Age of candidate should not be more than 20 years in case of General/OBC candidates (22 years in case of SC/ST and persons with Disability)* as on 1st July, 2011.
The CLAT-2011 for the post-graduate programme (LL.M) will be applicable for admission to NLSIU, NALSAR, NLIU, WBNUJS, HNLU, GNLU, RMLNLU and RGNUL only. For NLU, Jodhpur and Cochin candidates are required to apply separately to that University.
b. For the post-graduate (LL.M) programme – To be eligible for appearing in CLAT-2011 a candidate should have obtained a LL.B/B.L. Degree or an equivalent degree from a recognised University with not less than 55% marks in aggregate (50% in case of SC/ST /OBC and persons with Disability)*. There is no age limit for applying for post-graduate programme.
*Subject to state reservation at the University concerned.
Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination are eligible to apply for the Test. But candidate must have passed the qualifying examination at the time of his/her admission.
Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a centralised test for admission to prominent National Law Universities in India. The test is taken after the 12th grade for admission to graduation (also known as Bachelors) courses in Law. This exam was conducted for the first time on 11 May 2008. A total number of 1037 seats
The first entrance examination through CLAT took place to admit students for the academic year 2008-09. The examination was held on 11 May 2008.
The following law schools admitted the students on the basis of the scores obtained by the candidates in CLAT:
National Law School of India University, Bangalore
National Academy of Legal Studies and Research (Nalsar) University of Law, Hyderabad
National Law Institute University, Bhopal
The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata
National Law University, Jodhpur
Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia National Law University, Lucknow
Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur
Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
Chanakya National Law University, Patna
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala
National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi.
Tags: clat 2011, clat 2011 admission, clat 2011 details, clat 2011 important dates, clat 2011 notification, clat eligibility, Common Law Admission Test 2011, Common Law Admission Test 2011 important dates, Common Law Admission Test programme eligibility