Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University (PDPU)
School of Petroleum Management (SPM)
Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
1. Candidates who have appeared at Common Admission Test (CAT) 2010 conducted by IIMs are eligible to apply.
2. A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, or an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India, with at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates) or equivalent CGPA, of any University incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956.
3. The Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent.
4. In case of the candidates being awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the equivalence would be based on the equivalence certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained bachelor's degree.
5. In case the university/ institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by the SPM by dividing earned CGPA with the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the quotient with 100.
6. A candidate appearing for the final year examination of bachelor's degree or equivalent can also apply.
a Such candidate must produce a certificate from the authority of the of the university/ institution certifying that (i) the candidate has obtained 50% marks or equivalent based on latest available grades/marks (i.e. all the years’ grade/marks except the final year grade/marks), and (ii) the candidate has completed all the requirements and have appeared for the examinations / practical etc. for the final year/final term and that the results is awaited for obtaining the bachelor's degree/ equivalent qualification.
b Such candidates, if selected, will be allowed to join the programme provisionally only if they submit such certificate latest on the registration day.
c However, the admission will be confirmed provided that final mark sheet and degree certificate are submitted not later than September 30, 2011 and if the candidate has met the prescribed eligibility criteria.
d Non-fulfilment of the above conditions/dates will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission.
How To Apply:
1. Application fee Payment: -Application fee should be sent by paying/sendign a Demand Draft of Rs. 2000/- to be made in favour of Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, payable at Ahmedabad along with Admission Application Form. Alternatively, you can directly deposit the application fee of Rs.2,000/- in Oriental Bank of Commerce A/c No.09331131002245 and attach the copy of deposit receipt (Please mention name and CAT Registration Number with the filled application form).
2. Submission of Application Form: Application with required details and payment should be submitted to the institute by registered post or alternatively by DTDC Courier services. DTDC delivers the mails at the University Campus on a daily basis. Details of DTDC courier branches can be obtained from www.dtdc.com.
Last date of applying to SPM: 18th February 2011
Display of short listed candidates and their schedule for GD/PI
25th February 2011
GD/PI for short listed candidates
23rd , 24th , 25th ,
26th , 27th March 2011
Display of admission list: 4th April 2011
Admission formalities, fees collection and enrolment: 5th to 15th April 2011
Operating waiting list: 19th April 2011 onwards
Payment of balance charges: 6th to 10th June 2011
Commencement of the academic session: 27th June 2011
Institute of Petroleum Management, Gandhinagar (IPMG)
School of Petroleum Management (SPM)
India currently produces about 200 Petroleum Engineering Graduates annually and an insignificant number of Postgraduates. This number is inadequate and needs to be enhanced substantially at the Bachelors, Masters, and Doctoral levels to promote Exploration and Production, Research and Development and related activities in the Oil & Gas sector. Based on these strong needs, Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation (GSPC) through its Society, Gujarat Energy Research and Manaigement Institute (GERMI) has set up Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University (PDPU) at Gandhinagar.
A Research-led teaching university, PDPU intends to produce high quality petroleum managers, scientists, engineers, technologists, innovators, and entrepreneurs. Focus areas of the University are exploration to delivery of oil & gas resources, as well as other known and unknown resources, both on-shore and off-shore.
Institute of Petroleum Management, Gandhinagar (IPMG) PDPU MBA Admission 2011 School of Petroleum Management Date Form
MBA Admission form download
MBA Admission 2011
MBA Admission forms download eligibility application form download forms download downloads admission form download