University of Pune (PU) Admission
MSc (Computer Science)
MCA (Science Faculty)
Any Science Graduate (including B.C.A. under Science Faculty) with Mathematics at 10+2 Level.
Syllabus for Entrance Examination: The entrance examination consists of multiple choice (objective type) questions, and covers the areas of Mathematics, general aptitude and English language.
· Set theory: Set operations, relations, functions.
· Propositional logic: Formulation, deduction, evaluation, puzzles.
· Linear Algebra: Solution of a system of linear equations. Determinant and inverse of a matrix, basic properties of matrices.
· Co-ordinate Geometry and Conic Sections: Equations of lines and planes, vector products; definitions and properties of conic sections.
· Trigonometry: Identities, computation of heights and lengths.
· Differential Calculus: Total and partial differentiation, limit of a function.
· Integral Calculus: Definite and indefinite integrals, solution of differential equations, computation of areas and volumes.
· Series and sequences: sum, mean, convergence, limit.
· Real and complex numbers: surds, solution of equations on complex domain.
· Polynomials: solution of quadratic equations, properties of roots of polynomials with real coefficients, binomial expansion, Taylor series.
· Permutations and Combinations.
· Elementary Probability Theory: Computing probability from combinatorial reasoning, conditional probability.
Application Fees (Non Refundable):
For General Category Student: Rs. 575/-
For Reserved Category Student (In Maharashtra): Rs. 475/-
ü Application Fee has to be paid through Demand Draft of Nationalised Bank only, drawn in favour of ‘The Registrar, University of Pune’, payable at Pune.
ü Please mention your name and application form number (which you will receive after submitting the online application form with details) on the back of the Demand Draft.
ü THE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION FEES ONCE PAID WILL NOT BE REFUNDED IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES INCLUDING THE FEES OF THE NON ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES SUCH AS NON-SCIENCE GRADUATES OR NOT HAVING MATHEMATICS AT 12th LEVEL etc.
Date of Examination: 27th March 2011
Last date of online Application: 5th March 2011
In Maharashtra State: Ahmednagar, Aurangabad, Mumbai, Pune, Jalgaon, Nasik, Kolhapur, Nagpur Outside Maharashtra State: Delhi, Varanasi, Hyderabad
For complete details visit: http://cs.unipune.ac.in/admn11
University of Pune (PU)
About University of Pune
The University of Pune (formerly the University of Poona), located in North Western Pune, is one of India's premier universities. It was founded in 1949. Spread over a 400 acre (1.6 km²) campus, the university is home to 46 academic departments.
The University of Pune was established under the Poona University Act, passed by the Bombay legislature on February 10, 1948. In the same year, Dr. M.R. Jayakar assumed office as the first vice chancellor of the university. Shri B.G. Kher, Chief Minister and Education Minister of the government of Bombay, helped ensure the university received a large allocation of land for their campus. In early 1950, the university was allocated over 411 acres (1.7 km²).
Initially the university had a jurisdiction extending over 12 districts of western Maharashtra. However, with the establishment of Shivaji University in Kolhapur in 1964, the jurisdiction of the university was restricted to 5 districts, namely Pune, Ahmednagar, Nashik, Dhule and Jalgaon. Out of these, two districts—Dhule and Jalgaon—are attached to the North Maharashtra University established in August 1990.
Tags: Pune University Admission 2011 MSc Pune University MCA Admission 2011 Dates Entrance Exam Form Pune University MCA Entrance Exam 2011 Pune University msc admission dates application form download admission date admission details notification 2011 2012 2013 2014 entrance exam pattern syllabus exam centre center forms download prospectus download eligibility sample questions paper model paper scheme PU Admission 2011