UPSC Recruitment Advertisement No. 01/2011
Applications in the prescribed forms are invited for direct recruitment to the following posts by 27th January, 2011 (3rd February, 2011 in respect of applications received only BY POST from the candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur,Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, J&K, Lahaul & Spiti District and Pangi Sub-division of Chambadistrict of Himachal Pradesh, A & N Islands or Lakshadweep or abroad).
1. (Vacancy No.11010101308) One Assistant Professor (Geography) in IMA
2. (Vacancy No.11010102308) One Assistant Professor (Mathematics) in IMA
3. (Vacancy No.11010103308) One Assistant Professor (Political Science) in IMA Dehradun
4. (Vacancy No.11010104308) One Assistant Professor (History) in IMA Dehradun
5. (Vacancy No.11010105408) Four Assistant Directors (Cost)
a) Not exceeding 40 years for the posts at Sl. Nos.1,2,3 & 4.
b) Not exceeding 40 years for SC/ST candidates and not exceeding 38 years for OBC candidates for the posts at Sl. No.5. c) Not exceeding 30 years for the posts at Sl.No.6. N.B.
For complete details visit www.upsc.gov.in
The UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) is an Indian constitutional body, authorized for conducting examinations for selection of different Civil Services in India. The Indian Constitution in its Part XIV named Services under Union and states, in article no. 315-323 gives Public Service Commission to the union as well as Public Service Commission to every state.
1st PSC (Public Service Commission) in India was set on 1st October in the year 1926 by British Indian Government to fulfill the orders of Indian politicians about the fact that superior Civil Services should be formed. Then, the British Indian government had commenced FPSC (Federal Public Service Commission) for formation of regional Public Service Commissions underneath Government of India Act 1935. The UPSC (Union Public Service Commission), if needed by any State Governor, can work for a State with approval from the President.
Members of UPSC
Chairman as well as other members of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is selected by President of India. In any case, half of commission’s members should be Civil Servants (no matter if they are working or retired) with at least 10 years experience in either State or Central service. Each member embraces office for 6 year term until he reaches 65 year age, whichever is before.
UPSC’s main functions are to organize examinations for appointment for the services of Union.
1. Recruitment for posts and services under Union via conducting competitive examinations. It’s the regular approach of recruitment where the examination is conducted, and then an interview.
2. Recruitment for posts and services under Central Government through direct selection. This recruitment is done for filling irregular or immediate job vacancies. It’s generally done via direct interviews, although at times one written test is performed prior to the interview.
3. Advising on appropriateness of the officers for the appointment, promotion and transfer.
4. Advising the Government for all the matters associated with systems of Recruitment for different posts and services.
5. Disciplinary cases associated to diverse civil services.
Tags: UPSC Assistant Professor jobs UPSC Assistant Professor Vacancy UPSC recruitment 2011 UPSC jobs in UPSC vacancy UPSC application form download UPSC forms UPSC faculty jobs upsc teaching jobs upsc results result examination upsc exam date dates upsc interview date upsc eligibility UPSC forms forms UPSC date UPSC 2011 UPSC recruitment 2011 UPSC notification 2011 UPSC 2011 recruitment 2010 2009 2008 2012 2013